This Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout review will explain whether it can turn you from a mild-mannered guy into a voracious gym beast. I know you’ll agree with me when I say—when we hit the weights, we want to have the explosive power and energy of an absolute freakin’ animal. To obtain optimum returns, and feel like we are pushing our bodies to the max, we need to be pushing through each and every set and rep as if it was the first. And the best pre-workouts can achieve this.
Guys taking these phenomenal supplements have felt their training performance become almost superhuman—providing faster and larger muscle gains that their “normal” workouts simply can’t provide.But does Dr. Jekyll deliver these results? In this Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout review, I’ll explain everything—what it is, who it’s designed for, how it functions, and whether it actually works. (Note: This pre-workout formula has changed and we have updated this review as the formula is now in 2020.) If you want to discover whether this pre-workout can turn you in a raging monster, or just leave you out of pocket—read on!
Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout ReviewThis Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout review wouldn’t be complete without first taking a quick overview of the product. Marketed by respected supplement manufacturers, ProSupps, Dr. Jekyll forms part of a number of pre-workouts made by this company.
There have been a lot of changes from the supplement lineup of Prosupps which includes different versions of both the Mr.Hyde and Dr. Jekyll products. They have made a complete new look for all their supplements and formulated it in a way that Dr. Jekyll is now a stim-free pre-workout while Mr.Hyde is the stim version. There have been a lot of changes in the ingredient lineup for both of these supplement but unfortunately they are still today lacking in many areas despite all the changes.So, to be clear—this Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout review is for the new formula(we updated this review), it’s not a Dr. Jekyll nitrox review. Listen up. Dr. Jekyll is a powdered pre-workout that is mixed with water to form a pre-training drink. It’s formulated to enhance training performance—therefore providing you with a more impressive physique. ProSupps claim that this pre-workout will:
- Create an intense focus.
- Elevate physical performance.
- Encourage muscles to grow.
- Provide vein-popping muscle pumps.
Who Should Use Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout?There’s little point reading this Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout review if it’s totally unsuitable for your needs. So, let me start by saying that this supplement is designed for guys who:
- Want skin-splitting muscle pumps.
- Need their energy to reach whole new levels.
- Require more stamina and endurance to push each set as hard and long as possible.
- Demand faster recovery times in order to hit the gym again sooner.
- Want increased focus to boost their gym concentration.
Who Should Not Use Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout?Let me be honest with you in this Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout review. It’s not for everyone. Guys who should avoid this supplement, and pre-workouts in general, are those who:
- Seek a “short-cut”—pre-workouts enhance your training sessions, but you still need to put in some serious gym-time, this isn’t a magic pill.
- New kids on the block—supplementation isn’t how you start building impressive muscle—first develop a training program, learn how to use the weights correctly, and only then consider performance enhancers.
- Aren’t looking for increased energy or improved training results.
- Are eating unhealthily and not looking after the essential macronutrients.
How Does Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout Work?Just before we examine in detail the ingredients in this Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout review—let me quickly mention the effects it’s designed to have on the body. This supplement aims to:
- Reduce fatigue by including chemicals that can prevent muscle acidosis.
- Build muscle by utilizing the power of amino acids.
- Increase stamina through the inclusion of muscle-powering fuel.
- Elevate concentration with cognitive enhancers.
Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout IngredientsNow down to the gritty detail in this Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout review—what’s under the hood? With 10 ingredients in Dr. Jekyll, this is a compound-heavy formula. Let me take you through the main players.
- Beta-alanine—a powerful pre-workout ingredient which can increase endurance by preventing the build-up of muscle-killing lactic acid.1
- Arginine Silicate – Nitrix oxide booster for muscle pumps.
- Calcium —thought to reduce the onset of DOMS (delayed-onset muscle soreness) and boost muscle growth—however, studies have indicated there’s little evidence that it works, and any improvement requires a dose five times higher than in Dr. Jekyll.3
- Creatine—boosts ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production which is the fuel enabling muscles to contract.4
- L-Tyrosine for mental function and focus
- Lions Mane for focus
- Alpinia galanga helps with mental alertness and focus
- Ashwagandha has shown to be effective in increasing strength and muscle mass
- Aframomum Melegueta helps increase the metabolism
- Black pepper extract to increase the absorption of ingredients
Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout Ingredients BreakdownDr. Jekyll does contain some proven performance enhancers, but is it up there with the big boys in the pre-workout market? Here are the ingredients that the most powerful pre-workouts contain—and a checklist of how Dr. Jekyll performs.
- ✘Citrulline Malate
- ✘Betaine Anhydrous
- ✘Black pepper extract (Bioperine)
Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout Side EffectsAdverse health effects from pre-workouts are rare. Although one of the ingredients, beta-alanine, can sometimes produce side effects, including:
- (paresthesia) Itching (from beta-alanine).8
Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout Before After ResultsThe evidence so far in this Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout review hasn’t suggested that it’s a pre-workout to be ranked among the best. But what about the guys at the gym? What effects have they seen from using this supplement? Here are the results they’re witnessing:
“Felt a little buzz.”Javinder
“Tastes nice but doesn’t do anything for me.”Am
“Doesn’t do anything, even increased dosage but nothing.”K Bar
“Would give 0 stars if possible. Worst…pre workout ever”Gian
“This is absolutely terrible…0/10 do not buy, my head hurts, my stomach is cringing, DO NOT BUY!!!!!!”Jeff
Where to Buy Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout?It is available from the ProSupps page on Amazon and bodybuilding.com
ConclusionDr. Jekyll is a pre-workout that does contain some proven performance enhancers—the issue is, there are not enough of them nor are they in sufficient doses. It’s not the best pre-workout. Despite containing 10 ingredients, it’s lacking in the excellent citrulline, betaine, and carnitine. Instead, the manufacturers have decided to go with the less powerful nitric oxide booster arginine silicate and the unproven calcium. The bottom line. As the customer testimonials indicate in this Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout review—this supplement isn’t going to turn you into a raging monster. My advice.
Skip this weak pre-workout. Choose one of the best pre-workouts on the market—that is, one which includes the serious performance-enhancing players I mentioned earlier. Only then will you become the beast you deserve to be.
“How to Take Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout?”Mix one scoop of Dr. Jekyll pre-workout with 240 ml of water and consume 15 to 30 minutes before your workout.
“How Much Does Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout Cost?”Currently, one tub of Dr. Jekyll (30 servings) costs $34.99.
“Is Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout Safe?”This supplement is unlikely to cause any side effects. However, in a small number of cases, some guys have experienced tingling from beta-alanine.
“Does Dr. Jekyll Really Work?”While some guys have said they received a little stimulation from this product—many more haven’t. It appears that this pre-workout contains insufficient performance enhancers, and inadequate doses, to be considered an effective pre-workout.
“Is There a Money Back Guarantee?”Currently, it appears that there’s no money-back guarantee on Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout.
“Was There a Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout Recall?”In 2016, certain Dr. Jekyll products, along with Mr. Hyde products were recalled due to including the non-approved dietary supplement ingredient, picamilon. This led to the Dr. Jekyll and also Mr. Hyde pre workout banned rumors—although, in fact, it was just a recall while it was reformulated. Additionally, the problem was exacerbated since the Mr. Hyde pre workout label didn’t disclose the picamilon ingredient.
“What Flavors Is Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout Available In?”This supplement can currently be purchased in blueberry lemonade, Lollipop Punch, Blue Razz popsicle and What-O-Melon.
“How Long Do You Have to Take Dr. Jekyll Pre Workout Before Seeing Results?”Although a few guys reported small increases in energy 30 minutes after consuming this product—the majority of users felt that it has little to no effect.
“Do They Ship Worldwide?”Check with the individual retailer first to see if worldwide shipping is available. Some countries are covered, others are not.
Recommended For YouBest Testosterone Boosters After spending three months researching the market this is what actually works.
Top 5 Pre-Workout Supplements These pre-workout supplements give you raw POWER and supercharged energy to last through tough workouts.
Best Fat Burners For Men These are the top fat burner supplements on the market right now.