Keith and Kevin Hodge, the Hodgetwins, are widely known fitness YouTubers, and over the last few years have also gained fame as stand-up comedians.
Due to their eccentric behavior, you can either love them or hate them—there’s no middle ground.
Nevertheless, following their videos for the last decade, one can say they do walk the talk, no matter how wicked their talk is.
Check out what you can learn from these two bodybuilding badass brothers!
The Hodgetwins Wiki
Before I give you their background, here’s the Hodge twins wiki:
Date of birth: 17th September 1975.
Height: 6 feet 3 inches (190.5 cm).
Weight: 205-215 pounds (88.5-93 kg).
Profession: YouTubers, entrepreneurs, fitness experts and comedians.
About the Hodgetwins
Let’s take a look at the Hodgetwins bio.
The Hodge twins names are Keith and Kevin Hodge. They were born in 1975 in Virginia, into a family of four children.
They experienced life in poverty from an early age. The fast-food they’re now using to promote their fitness philosophy—they remember shoplifting in their childhood—due to lack of food at home.
Nevertheless, they managed to attend college and graduate in accounting and finance. Later on, they took their chances on different jobs, but nothing seemed to fit.
Eventually, Keith had the idea of them being full-time YouTubers—to take advantage of their keen interest in fitness. Their first YouTube attempt started in 2008 and was focused more on relationship issues (AskHodgetwins), while their training YouTube channel TwinMuscle took off in 2010.
What’s unique about them is the fact they don’t strictly follow a specific fitness philosophy. Instead, they’re constantly experimenting and trying out what works for them and what doesn’t—and mocking themselves as they’re at it.
That’s also exactly what they’ve been suggesting to their subscribers for all these years:
“Do whatever the f*** you want!”
Both fitness icons are certified personal trainers (International Sports Sciences Association–ISSA), and in contrast to the funny way they tend to deliver their message to their followers, they take fitness very seriously.
Some find their way repulsive, appalling or simply of no value. Others love them being down to earth and only human.
The Hodgetwins must be doing something right—still having over 2 million subscribers without uploading new videos daily or even weekly.
For the last year, their videos have been based on making all kinds of gains while eating fast food. Their YouTube channel is not their main focus of attention anymore, though. It seems like they are busier with their worldwide Hodgetwins tour—stand-up comedy shows based on everyday topics.
In contrary to what one might expect with their quite vulgar ways, the Hodgetwins seem to have a happy family life with their Hodge twins wives. They have both been married for over 15 years—Keith and his Hodge twins wife Elizabeth have three children, while Kevin and his wife have four.
The Hodgetwins Workout Program
The Hodgetwins emphasize everyone’s different and should choose a program that works best for them according to their body type.
In one of their latest videos answering a question about the best training routine, they advise making sure you hit each body part twice.
Additionally, they also consider that training to complete failure doesn’t promote the best gains.
Nevertheless, here’s how an advanced weekly workout could look for the Hodgetwins:
Monday—Chest and Triceps
- Barbell bench press 5 sets 8 reps
- Dumbbell fly 5 sets 12 reps
- Dumbbell incline bench press 5 sets 8 reps
- Plate incline 5 sets 12 reps
- Dips 5 sets 8 reps
- Dumbbell decline fly 5 sets 12 reps
- Dumbbell alternate bent over kickback 4 sets 10 reps
- Close triceps pushup 4 sets 8 reps
The Hodgetwins making some gains during a serious chest workout:
Tuesday—Upper and Lower Legs
- Barbell squat 3 sets 8 reps
- Leg press machine 6 sets 10 reps
- Calf press on leg press machine 6 sets 10 reps
- Leg extensions 4 sets 15 reps
- Seated leg curl 4 sets 15 reps
- Dumbbell lunges 4 sets 10 reps
- Lying leg curls 4 sets 12 reps
- Barbell standing calf raise 6 sets 20 reps
It’s leg day with the Hodgetwins:
To avoid the consequences of overtraining.
- Pull ups 4 sets 8 reps
- T Bar row 4 sets 8 reps
- Wide grip lat pulldown 4 sets 12 reps
- Close grip front lat pulldown 4 sets 8 reps
- Dumbbell one arm row 4 sets 8 reps
- Machine lat pull down 4 sets 8 reps
- Cable rope hammer curls 4 sets 8 reps
- Dumbbell bicep curl 4 sets 21 reps
Uncut back workout with the Hodgetwins:
- Barbell push press 4 sets 8 reps
- Machine shoulder press 4 sets 8 reps
- Barbell behind the head military press 4 sets 8 reps
- Dumbbell lateral raise 4 sets 8 reps
- Dumbbell upright row 4 sets 8 reps
- Dumbbell reverse flyes 4 sets 8 reps
- Barbell shrug 4 sets 8 reps
Check out these five shoulder exercises you should be doing according to the Hodgetwins:
- Barbell curl 3 sets 12 reps
- Dumbbell alternate hammer curl 3 sets 8 reps
- Barbell close grip standing curl 3 sets 15 reps
- Dumbbell concentration curls 3 sets 12 reps
- Dumbbell incline curl 3 sets 8 reps
- Barbell spider curl 3 sets 8 reps
- Cable rope triceps pushdown 4 sets 12 reps
- Cable triceps kickback 4 sets 12 reps
The Hodgetwins deliver a back and arm bodybuilding routine:
Sunday—Rest and Regeneration day.
Hodgetwins Diet and Nutrition
The Hodgetwins golden rule is to find out how many calories you need every day and divide it into 40% of protein (lean meat and eggs), 40% of carbs (vegetables, potatoes and rice) and 20% of fats. You should eat around six small meals per day.
They are known for their promotion of fast-food eating and techniques to make impressive gains.
Their favorite method is intermittent fasting. It’s based on eating within a certain time frame daily and therefore controlling how insulin, one of the most powerful anabolic hormones, is released.1
Various methods include:
- Morning fast—skipping breakfast and eating from 12 to 8 pm.
- 24-hour fast—eat as usual on day one, and fast the entire next day.
- Two-day fasting—consume a limited amount of calories for two days and eat normally for the next five days.
- Alternate day fasting—fast for 24 hours and eat your familiar intake in the following 24 hours. Repeat.
The Hodgetwins swear this method will make you fully in charge of your weight loss. Besides controlling your insulin and constant fat storing, you support the release of growth hormone right after fasting, helping you build strong muscles.2
Here’s an example of what you should eat in a day according to the Hodgetwins:
- Four scrambled eggs with vegetables.
- One cup of rice with salmon.
- One cup of green vegetables (broccoli).
- One cup of rice with shrimps.
- A cup of mixed vegetables.
- A turkey sandwich with lean turkey breast.
- Mixed vegetables.
- Creatine powder.
- Mashed potatoes with beef.
- A cup of mixed vegetables.
- Grilled chicken sandwich.
- A cup of steamed vegetables.
Check out this video of the Hodgetwins discussing Intermittent Fasting Vs. Low Carb Dieting for Weight Loss:
If you fancy their fast food eating and fasting method, check out their search for the best sandwich ever:
Not just using, the Hodgetwins are selling different types of supplements from their online store.
According to them, the ones worth investing in that you can’t get from your food are whey protein, creatine, pre-workout supplements and beta-alanine.
Whey protein is essential for those who can’t consume enough meat daily—a perfect supplement for a vegan or vegetarian. Otherwise, creatine is more than enough for you.
You should consume beta-alanine daily to decrease your muscle fatigue.
Here’s the Hodgetwins on bodybuilding supplements you should take every day:
Their quotes may all sound like jokes—however, their rock-solid fitness advice always shows they care:
“The one-size-fits-all mentality is another one of our pet hates.”
“One of the things we don’t like about the fitness business is dealing with some of the egos where people think they are better than others because their fitness level may be better at the moment. It’s discouraging to people still trying to obtain their best personal fitness level.”
“It is life-changing for them, so it’s personal for us. It’s why we do what we do, the way we do it. We don’t sugarcoat anything, and give them the same advice we follow on our own fitness journeys.” (on their followers)
Frequently Asked Questions
“What Are the Hodgetwins Worth?”
The Hodge twins net worth is estimated at $3,700,000 (combined).
“Are the Hodgetwins Married?”
The Hodgetwins have been married to their wives for over 15 years.
“How Much Do the Hodgetwins Weigh?”
They weigh 205-215 pounds.
“How Old Are the Hodge twins?”
The Hodge twins age is 44.
“How the Hodgetwins Got Scars?”
Keith was four years old and trying to catch his cousins racing around on bicycles—when one of the cousins chased him away by throwing something at his head.
Kevin was 12 when he got his scar. An accident happened when he was looking for food in their kitchen, and something fell on him after closing the fridge door.
The Hodgetwins won’t sell you the typical fitness routine. And, they won’t make you train to fail.
Rather than that, the Hodgetwins are brutally honest and edgy fitness bad-asses—making sure you get the basics and trust your body to tell you what’s the right fit for you.
They may be unconventional. But, in this age where so many online fitness experts are saying much the same thing—they may have hit a niche.
Recommended For YouBest Testosterone Boosters After spending three months researching the market this is what actually works.
Top 5 Pre-Workout Supplements These pre-workout supplements give you raw POWER and supercharged energy to last through tough workouts.
Best Fat Burners For Men These are the top fat burner supplements on the market right now.