WildBill0771 Reviews: Professional Supplements - Pure Karbolyn
What is Pure Karbolyn by Professional Supplements?
Pure Karbolyn is a homopolysaccharide (relatively complex carbohydrate) and is made up of many monosaccharides joined together by glycosidic bonds. These are very large bonds that are branched macromolecules. The "Molecular Mass" has been precisely manipulated to create absorption through the stomach at a rate much greater than maltodextrin, dextrose, breads, pasta, or rice.*
Pure Karbolyn is a patent pending carbohydrate that contains very unique properties. Because Pure Karbolyn passes through the stomach very quickly, it acts like a pump, pulling water and nutrients along with it.* This high tech carbohydrate actually moves through the stomach faster than dextrose or sugar.* Pure Karbolyn also has a higher solution osmolality than dextrose, sucrose or many other carbohydrate powder mixes on the market. This is due to the unique properties found in the patent pending process. Pure Karbolyn is completely sugar free.
Pure Karbolyn is produced using a newly developed "Enzymatic Milling Process". The food source to produce Pure Karbolyn is potato, rice & corn. The finished product is a modified molecular mass polysaccharide that is absorbed very quickly with out any side effects, stomach bloating or discomfort plus it mixes instantly.*
With that being said, enough of the hype around Pure Karbolyn, let's review it, category by category.
How did I supplement with Pure Karbolyn?
- I supplemented with Pure Karbolyn, by taking 1 scoop = 50 grams of Karbolyn, INTRA workout. I would fill my shaker with about 16 oz of water, and sip on it to last my entire workout.
How is the taste?
- When I say the taste of this stuff is out of this world, I am not lying. By far, the best tasting supplement I've ever had the pleasure of drinking. I bought the tub of Orange Burst, but a rep sent me samples of the rest, so here's the break down.
This flavor gives of the creamsicle vibe. I was expecting more of an orange juice flavor prior to trying it. It has a sweet taste, but not too sweet.
My favorite flavor out of the 3. Again, not too sweet, and it is what the flavor says it is. You can almost taste the stained red stick after finishing a shake of this.
I'm not the biggest Fruit Punch guy in the world, but it does taste good. It's very, very similar to that of Hawaiian Punch.
How is the mixability?
- Mixing was quick and painless. The scoops are really hefty doses, but after a few shakes, it almost completely dissolves. Being the shake sits there until I'm done with a set, or a whole working set, there is settling at the bottom, but a quick shake will get all of that stuff off of the bottom.
- The way in which I supplemented with Karbolyn, reaped a lot of benefits for me. My muscles were fuller during my workouts, my fatigue level was non-existent, I'd go do more weight, more lifts, and just overall, I was doing a lot more than previously when not supplementing with Karbolyn.
Would you recommend?
- Yes, I would recommend this product as an intra workout drink. I did not take it pre or post, therefore I cannot give you advice on the effects of it in that way. It is a bit pricey though, but if you're interested and sitting on the fence, you can always get the 20 servings for $25 bucks.
- This is the first Waxy Maize carbohydrate product I have used. My experiences with Pure Karbolyn cannot be compared to others, as of right now. Take that into consideration when possibly making a purchase. I begin supplementing with Sci-Fit Karbo-Lyn in the next week, and then supplementing with PrimaForce Carb Slam, that way I can compare and contrast for you guys, the effectiveness of all products mentioned, and also if Pure Karbolyn warrants the price tag that it carries, when there are much cheaper options available.